We seek students who can contribute to our campus. We measure their aptitude and achievement through school grades and a variety of standardized tests.
For many grades, we have two sections with expected homeroom size of 10-14 students in each homeroom and expected grade size of 20-28 students.
Lower School Application (Grades K-5)
Tuition Rates for 2013-2014 (includes lunch, snack, and activity fee):
Age 3 $16,300( for full day program)
Kindergarten to Grade 5 $23,250
Lunch, activity, snack, and field trip fees are included in tuition. Financial Aid is available in grades K-5, and most financial awards for the 2013-14 school year are limited to 50% of the tuition cost.
We have an Extended Day program( 3:15 pm until 6 pm). The fee is based on the number of days a student utilizes the program.
To assist you throughout the application process we have outlined the components of the Lower School application as they apply to candidates for Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth grade
Complete Student Application
(please include $60.00 application fee)
Complete Parent/Guardian Questionnaire - part of the online application.
(to be completed by one or both parent(s)/guardian(s)
Complete Teacher Recommendation - located on the top right of this page under the 'Downloadable Files'.
(must be from student's current teacher)
Copy of a Current Report Card
"Take-A-Peek" Tours and Information Sessions. Please call the Admissions Office at 203-830-3916 to schedule a visit.
- These informal conversations and tours provide a glimpse of the academic day and student life at Wooster's Lower School.
- Tours include individual time with a member of the Admissions Staff.
- Campus tours are encouraged, and it is best to come to Wooster during a school day.
- We welcome you any school day, but we do offer Our "Take-A-Peek" tours on Tuesday mornings. Please call the Admissions Office at 203-830-3916 to schedule a visit.
Classroom Visitation and Interview/Evaluation & Developmental Assessments
(call the Admissions Office for an appointment - 203-830-3916)
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten: After the application has been completed and we have received all the necessary paperwork, your child will be scheduled for an individual developmental assessment. Linda Borkowski, Admissions Associate for Earyl Childhood, will administer development assessments beginning in January.
- 1st Grade: Applicants for 1st Grade will be invited to be assessed at Wooster School. The application and all the necessary paperwork must be completed in order for your child to attend the morning session.
- Grades 2-5: After the application has been completed and we have received all the paperwork, your child will be invited to come in for a class visit. The applicant will visit in his/her current grade, participating in normal daily activities. The prospective student will also spend time with Lynne Muller, Admissions Director for Lower School.
A copy of child's birth certificate (Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants only)
Sign and return Transcript Release Form
Other Admissions Information
- If the applicant has any physical needs which may require accommodations during the admissions visit, please inform the Admissions Office in advance.