We seek students who can contribute to our campus. We measure their aptitude and achievement through school grades and a variety of standardized tests.
The Admissions Office is accepting applications for the 2013-14 academic year.
We will be making decisions on Applications for Admission for the 2013-14 year beginning February 20, 2013. Applications are submitted electronically and online. Please click on the Middle and Upper School Application line below to submit the application.
Middle and Upper School Application (Grades 6 - 12)
Tuition Rates for 2013-2014( updated February 11, 2013)
Grade 6 $25,600
Grade 7 $27,450
Grade 8 $29,450
Grades 9-12 $31,500 Lunch, activity, and field trip fees are included in the tuition at all levels.
Financial aid information: For 2013-2014, most awards to new students will be limited to a maximum of 75% of tuition for grades 6-12.
To assist you throughout the application process we have outlined the components of the Upper and Middle School application as they apply to candidates for grades six through twelve:
The Application for Admission is to be completed online. The Teacher recommendation forms are to be printed from the Introduction section and given to your youngster's teacher.
Complete Student Application-- this link will take you to the online application and you will establish an account for future communications.( please place cursor over Complete Student Application)
$60.00 application fee
Complete Parent/Guardian Questionnaire - located within the online application.
(to be completed by one or both parent(s)/guardian(s)
Complete Student Questionnaire- located within the online application
Current Report Card
Graded sample of student's writing- to be mailed separately.
Complete English Teacher recommendation - located on the top right of this page under the 'Downloadable Files'.
(must be from student's current teacher)
Complete Math Teacher recommendation - located on the top right of this page under the 'Downloadable Files'.
(must be from student's current teacher)
"Take-A-Look" (grades 6-12) Campus Tours (call the Admissions Office at 203-830-3916 for an appointment)
- These informal, student-led tours offer prospective students and their parents a glimpse of the academic day and student life at Wooster School. Tours are offered throughout the year. NOTE: see "Schedule Classroom Visitation and Interview"
Schedule Classroom Visitation and Interview
(call the Admissions Office for an appointment)
- Each applicant is required to spend a day, with a student tour guide, visiting Wooster. During the day the Director of Admissions or a member of the Admissions Committee will interview the applicant. Families often find it convenient to have a campus tour and a Classroom Visitation and Interview on the same day.
Take the Transcript Release Form to your youngster's current school. Your current school will send the Transcript (Report Cards, and recent Testing records)
Take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) (grades 6-12)
- Registration forms are all online at the following web address for the ISEE: http://erblearn.org/parents/admission/isee. Test dates are primarily in December, January and February on Saturday mornings at schools in Fairfield County. You need to register 3 weeks in advance of the test date.
- The Ben D. Wood Grant is available to those who need financial assistance for the testing fee. However, one must be a financial aid applicant in order to qualify. Please contact the Admissions Office for details (203) 830-3916.
As we approach the spring and summer months, please talk with our Admission Counselors about the ISEE.
Please note: Students who are applying to schools that require the SSAT for admission can take this test instead of the ISEE. We respect the fact that standardized testing takes time out of a Saturday morning, have a fee required, and can be anxiety provoking for some students. Once a family receives the results of the SSAT test, please send us a copy of the test results.The tests are strikingly similar in length of test and information assessed. We believe the SSAT is a very good test for admission purposes and is just as valuable in our admission process as the ISEE.
Other Admission Information
- If the applicant has any physical needs which may require accommodations during the admissions visit, please inform the Admissions Office in advance.
Financial Aid and Tuition- please go to our section on Financial Aid for all of the procedures. Financial Aid applications are completed online using the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) procedures.