Feb 1, 2012—This was a big day for Monica, the Dahlgren family, and Wooster School Athletics. Monica is Wooster’s first female athlete to sign a Division I Letter of Intent in the last 20 years. Monica’s dedication to soccer has been truly remarkable. The training that she has endured as well as the personal sacrifices she has made has earned her both the support and respect from her peers, faculty members, and administrators. Monica made a verbal commitment to the University of Connecticut in the spring of 2011, and today’s signing represents the culmination of her dedicated efforts over the past decade. The entire Wooster School community is tremendously proud of Monica and wishes her continued success at the collegiate level.
Monica’s accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
· Two-time All League Player
· Two-time New England Prep School All-Star
· Most Valuable Player Honors on a League Championship team
· Starting Varsity goalie during all four years in high school
· Won the USL SYL U15 nationals
· Finalist in USL SYL U16 nationals
· USL SYL U16 All-Tournament team
· Won NERP Championship
· State Cup finalist
· Won NEWSS Championship
· Has played in world class showcases in England, France, Scotland, and Sweden
· She is ranked as one of the top goalie prospects in the country
Come For A Visit!