As with any independent school, Wooster relies heavily on its many volunteers. Their overwhelming contributions of time, talent, and resources enrich our community in countless ways. We are grateful for the leadership that each and every volunteer provides by sharing their gifts with our community.
There are many ways to get involved in the Wooster community. Below are several volunteer opportunities for the coming school year. Even if you have a demanding schedule, some of these volunteer positions require only a few hours of your time.
• Serve as a mentor family to families new to Wooster
• Host at Open Houses
• Serve as a Wooster representative for prospective families from your community
• Assist with corresponsdence with prospective families
• Mailings – help fold and stuff periodic mailings
• Phonathons – call other parents to encourage their participation
• Art Department Volunteers (e.g., at open houses)
• Help hang student shows in the Dining Room
• Help with Lower School (K & 1) Art Classes
• Help distribute flyers and vouchers to encourage participation in book fairs
• Fall fair held in November (date TBA). Spring fair held May (date TBA).
• Help Chaplain set up Chapel for services and special events, wash linen, polish brass, candle maintenance
Grandparents' & Special Friends' Day
• Planning (preparing name tags, schedules, etc.)
• Help setting up Art Show Displays
• Registration/Sign In/Tour guides/School Store volunteers
Hospitality at Parents’ Association Meetings
• Responsible for coffee, refreshments. Meetings start at 8:15 am, set-up by 8:00 am.
School Photo Day – Photographer’s Assistants Needed
If you are interesting in volunteering in any of these ways, contact Wooster’s Parent Relations Associateat 203-830-3918 or parent [dot] liaison [at] woosterschool [dot] org